SCCA.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home->SCCA Club Racing->General Club Racing Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best Production Car for SCCA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racingdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Production Car for SCCA
    Posted: August.18.2012 at 4:55am
Hey everyone, I am just starting out and was wondering what the best production car would be for SCCA racing out of the box so to speak.

I'm not ready to jump into a full on race car yet but have been driving high performance cars my entire life and want to take it to the next level. I've done some Kart Racing and drove my friends mini at an event a few years ago and just didn't do it for me.

Based on my extremely limited knowledge / experience I do like the feel / challenge of driving more powerful cars. Because of that I've been looking at a 2013 Boss 302, 302 Laguna Seca, 2013 GT500 and a ZL1.

For now I'd like to go for lap times until I feel confident enough to dive into a real race but do want to eventually race against others.

Also, this car will NOT be my daily driver but I will still probably want to drive it on the weekends for fun.

Any thoughts / suggestions?

Edited by racingdude - August.18.2012 at 4:48pm
Sponsored Links

RichardMiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August.19.2012 at 5:39pm
While I have seen people do it,it is highly unlikely that you will want to drive a car fitted for racing with full safety gear, race suspension and allowable engine modifications, on the straight. And the SCCA production classes are far stock.
Richard Miller

racingdude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racingdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August.21.2012 at 2:47am
oh! I thought id be able to jump right into a Boss LS and just go at it.

if all i have is stock, I can still do solo I think right?
sccaaz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sccaaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August.25.2012 at 7:23pm
Yes you can do Solo with a street car. Here's another thought, PDX (Performance Driving Experience). This allows you to take your street car out on the track with a driving instructor and do hot laps in a controlled setting. A great way to find out if this is for you Smile       
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic