SCCA.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home->SCCA Rally->Rally Classifieds
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Merkur XR4Ti Package - FOR SALE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RallyRebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Merkur XR4Ti Package - FOR SALE
    Posted: September.26.2005 at 9:56am

In discovering that there just isn’t enough time in my schedule I’m forced to part with the goal of building my rally dream-car.  So that means a home is needed for three Merkur XR4Ti cars located in central Florida.  Two are running, titled cars and the third is an engineless parts car.  Here’s the basic details, please contact me for any additional questions or if you want any specific photos. 

PARTS CAR:  No title.  This is a 1986 automatic I purchased from an individual in Orlando who used the motor for an SVO project.  The car is white and has no evidence of body damage except front grille is broken but repairable.  The bi-plane spoiler is intact and mounted, but the interior is pretty rough and mostly removed.  There are two “phone-dial” alloys, but the other two wheels are steel.  Car is complete less engine, just most of interior loose inside.

GOLD 1988:  Good Title.  This car came from the European Rally School where it had purchased from a local Honda dealer as a trade-in.  ERS was building it to use for their turbo car, but went with a different model.  Car has original cloth seats and appears to not have any body damage, but has the typical issue of peeling clear-coat.  Runs good but now has radiator out as the original was swapped with the SILVER 1988 to replace it’s damaged radiator.  Also needs new vacuum hoses and a new XR4Ti-specific Hose Techniques Deluxe Silicone hose kit is included.  Wheels are “basket-weave” alloys, one center cap missing.  ERS had added SPARCO hood latches and also set up a side exhaust, and I removed the A/C compressor, condenser and evaporator but did not discard them.

SILVER 1988:  Good title.  I purchased this car from an individual in Palm Bay who had advertised it in Auto Trader.  The car was being regularly driven and has no issues other than an inoperable OEM radio, intermittent temp gauge and weak suspension.  The front clip is a slightly different shad of silver, and I was told the repaint was due to excessive parking lot rash.  I’ve seen no evidence of body damage though, but there is a wrinkle in the front-right wheel arch due to tire contact while rallycrossing.  This is an easy repair.  Leather seats with a tear in the bottom of the driver’s seat.  The interior from behind the front seats to the rear has been removed, not torn out, and is stored in the GOLD 1988.  The hood liner was also removed and is stored in the GOLD 1988.  I’ve rallycrossed this car and it runs great!  With new suspension is would be awesome.

EXTRA PARTS:  I have a set of Ford Contour SVT wheels in excellent condition.  These are 15” and very similar to the Cosworth 7-spoke wheels.  Also included is an original OEM intercooler from a Sierra RS, along with a short radiator from a SAAB 900 turbo which will allow proper placement of the intercooler.  Currently installed in the SILVER 1988 is a performance short-throw shifter for the T9 from British American Transfer.

This description and very detailed photos can be found at:  http://www.planetarydomination.com/XR4Ti/4Sale.htm

Price for all three cars and the extra parts is $3000.  Do not ask me to split this up or part out as I will sell only as a package.

Sponsored Links

mattscott77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattscott77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March.04.2009 at 11:23pm
what mileage do the bodies of the three cars, the two engines, and the automatic tranny have on them???

would you say the gold and silver are in daily driver condition (besides the missing radiator and hoses in the gold, since the first thing i would do is put the radiator from the silver in the gold and put the intercooler and smaller radiator in the silver)

if you were going to drive one of the cars and race the other which would you use for which???

i plan to enter one of the cars in the 24 hours of lemons (not leMans, lemons rofl)

do either car have power windows etc? heated seats? leather? sunroof?

oh yeah, and the link you posted doesnt work...

just noticed that u posted this in 2005... still have the cars?
clarkandrew45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clarkandrew45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October.13.2010 at 3:02am
Originally posted by RallyRebel RallyRebel wrote:

GOLD 1988:  Good Title.  This car came from the European Rally School where it had purchased from a local Honda dealer as a trade-in.  ERS was building it to use for their turbo car, but went with a different model.  Car has original cloth seats and appears to not have any body damage, but has the typical issue of peeling clear-coat.  Runs good but now has radiator out as the original was swapped with the SILVER 1988 to replace it’s damaged radiator.  Also needs new vacuum hoses and a new XR4Ti-specific Hose Techniques Deluxe Silicone hose kit is included.  Wheels are “basket-weave” alloys, one center cap missing.  ERS had added SPARCO hood latches and also set up a side exhaust, and I removed the A/C compressor,A/C Condenser and evaporator but did not discard them.

Why did you remove the A/C Condenser,compressor, and evaporator?

Does it have any effects on the engine?or it is just defective?

Edited by clarkandrew45
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic